As we near the end of the Spring 2016 semester, we wanted to take the time to send you information about the procedures and process for moving out of your apartment.
Vulcan Village students MUST move out and return their keys
By 4:00 PM on Monday, May 9, 2016.
VULCAN VILLAGE MOVE OUT & CLEANING PROCEDURES:
- Pack and remove all belongings from the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and all common areas. Any items remaining after vacating the apartment will be disposed of and the resident will be billed for disposal.
- Thoroughly clean and vacuum all areas within the apartment to avoid cleaning charges.
- Any and all trash must be removed from the apartment and breezeway areas. All trash must be placed in either the compactor near Building 2 or one of the dumpsters on property (i.e. near Building 5 or near the Fitness Center). DO NOT leave trash anywhere in the breezeways or in/near the breezeway trash cans.
- IT IS ILLEGAL TO DISPOSE OF TELEVISIONS AND OTHER ELECTRONIC ITEMS IN THE TRASH. These items must be taken home or taken to the proper recycling facility by the resident.
- Cleaning and damage charges can be assessed per the fees listed via this link.
RETURNING THE ACCESS CARD & KEYS:
- Each resident MUST return their front door access card and the red-numbered key tag containing the bedroom and mailbox keys to the Vulcan Village office, preferably during office hours (Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM-8:00 PM, Saturday from 11:00 AM-3:00 PM).
- However, if the Vulcan Village office is closed when a resident moves out of their apartment, their keys MUST be placed in the overnight drop box. This box is located in the Vulcan Village office vestibule, which is the area between the first and second doors as you go into the Vulcan Village office. Prior to placing any keys in the box, please use the envelopes provided, complete all of the information requested on the front of the envelope, seal the envelope, and drop it inside the box.
- DO NOT leave our access card and keys in your apartment or bedroom. They MUST be returned to the Vulcan Village office. Failure to return your keys could result in non-returned key charges.
We thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation and we hope you have a great summer!
The Vulcan Village Management Team….