Twitter is an awesome social media tool that can connect you with new friends as well as information about what is happening on and around campus. Here are some Cal U. “Tweeps” (Twitter + peeps) and organizations that you should definitely follow:
1. @CalUofPa – This is the official Twitter account of California University of PA. Tweets include important campus-wide announcements regarding events and updates as well as potential emergency information. You and your parents should definitely follow the @CalUofPa account.
2. @caluactivities – All the activities and things going on at California University of PA. This is Where The Fun is at! (you can also search for the related #SABUG and #calna hashtags).
3. @MonMobCALU – This is the Twitter account for the new fan cheering section at California University of Pennsylvania Men’s and Women’s Basketball games (you can also search for the related #VulcanNation hashtag).
4. @CalUVetsClub – Hats off to our Cal U. student veterans for their service to our country! Follow their tweets to learn about the latest events and information from the Cal U. Veterans Club.
5. @vulcanvillage – Find out about life on the hill at Vulcan Village. Tweets include contests, event announcements, emergency updates, educational information, and apartment coupons and specials.
6. @CALUPRSSA – Tweets from the Cal U. Public Relations Student Socety of America. Club events and information are tweeted.
7. @CalTimes – Find out local community and campus news information from the Mon Valley’s finest news source, The Cal Times.
8. @SAIatCalU – The Student Association, Inc. (SAI) is the a non-profit corporation founded in 1937 to provide services & support to the students of Cal U of PA. SAI owns both campus housing, Vulcan Village, as well as the newly-renovated farmhouse.
9. @stugovcalu – Cal U’s Student Congress is the official governing body for students of California University of PA. Stay informed about your student government its activities.
10. @CalUforLife – This is the Twitter account for Cal U’s Student Philanthropy Initiative. The name is the goal: to forge a lifelong relationship between our students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
11. @calvulcans – The source for scores, news and alerts for all Cal U athletics teams. Go Vulcans!
13. @angeloarmenti – Twitter would not be complete without “Fake Angelo Armenti.” Granted, the man himself is not actually tweeting from the halls of Old Main, but the whomever is posing as “Dr. A” does a fine job at mixing humor with the Cal U. culture and spirit. Follow him and tweet him a “Hello!” (he usually tweets back.)
Who / what are some other Cal U. faculty, students, staff, clubs, departments, and /or organizations that you follow and why?
Any current Cal U. student, faculty member, or staffer who leaves a comment to this post answering the above question will be entered into a raffle to win a customized Twitter t-shirt. At least 10 individuals must comment for the raffle to occur, which will take place on Wednesday, February 8, 2012. The winner will be announced on this post’s comments as well as through @vulcanvillage.